- General partnership
- Limited partnership
- Limited liability company (LLC)
- Public joint stock company (PJSC)
- Private joint stock company (PrJSC)
- Civil company
- Local company branch
- GCC company branch
- Foreign company branch
- Free zone company branch
- Sole establishment
- Holding companies.
- be followed by the business structure acronym (legal form of the company) such as: LLC, EST, PJSC, PrJSC
- not violate the public morals or the public order of the country
- be compatible with the required type of activity and the legal status of the company or business entity
- not contain names of any religion, or governing authority, nor names or logos of any external bodies
- not have been previously registered.
- An initial approval means that the UAE Government has no objection for the business to be established in the country. It also allows the investor to proceed with the next steps in setting up a business. It does not, however, grant the authority to run or practice the business activity.
5. Drafting a Memorandum of Association and local service agent agreement The memorandum of association is required for the following business legal forms
- Limited partnership
- Limited liability company (LLC)
- Public joint stock company (PJSC)
- Private joint stock company (PrJSC).
- Ministry of Interior
- Ministry of Justice
- Local municipal department
- Telecommunications and Digital Government Regulatory Authority (TDRA)
- Executive Council
- Ministry of Economy
- Local health departments
- Supreme Petroleum Council
Free Zone company is registered with specific free zone area in each emirate of UAE. Set up your Free zone business in UAE faster and in the most convenient manner with 100% foreign ownership and no tax liability.
Designed as a hi-tech ecosystem in Dubai, DSO offers a wide range of benefits, state-of-the-art infrastructure and in-house business services. It is considered to be the only technology park in the region that provides both a living and working integrated community. The DFSA’s regulatory mandate includes asset management, banking and credit services, securities, collective investment funds, custody and trust services, commodities futures trading, Islamic finance, insurance, an international equities exchange, and an international commodities derivatives exchange. In addition to regulating financial and ancillary services, the DFSA is responsible for supervising and enforcing anti-money laundering (AML) and counter-terrorist financing (CTF) requirements applicable in the DIFC.
Designed as a hi-tech ecosystem in Dubai, DSO offers a wide range of benefits, state-of-the-art infrastructure and in-house business services. It is considered to be the only technology park in the region that provides both a living and working integrated community.
The DFSA’s regulatory mandate includes asset management, banking and credit services, securities, collective investment funds, custody and trust services, commodities futures trading, Islamic finance, insurance, an international equities exchange, and an international commodities derivatives exchange. In addition to regulating financial and ancillary services, the DFSA is responsible for supervising and enforcing anti-money laundering (AML) and counter-terrorist financing (CTF) requirements applicable in the DIFC.
- It is a rapidly developing global center for clean technology and renewable energy that relies entirely on renewables. A flagship project of Abu Dhabi Future Energy Company, Masdar City, offers clean energy start-ups a dedicated space to pilot, demonstrate, refine, develop and commercialize their technologies and provides them all the benefits of free zones.
- ADAFZ mainly targets aviation, aerospace, airport services, logistics, cargo and freight sectors. Some of the facilities and infrastructure ADAFZ provides include commercial offices, plots of land for development, warehousing units and logistics services.
- It is the ideal free zone for companies in the financial sector, especially private banking, wealth management and asset management.
ADGM comprises three independent authorities: the Registration Authority, the Financial Services Regulatory Authority and ADGM Courts. Each of these authorities enables registered financial institutions, companies and entities to thrive and operate within an international regulatory framework based on Common Law.
- Twofour54 is a media free zone in Abu Dhabi that provides world-class infrastructure and fully integrated support services for creative businesses. It was set up by the Media Zone Authority (MZA) to position Abu Dhabi as a leading player in the Arabic media content creation industry. Popular media houses, including BBC, CNN, Thomson Reuters Foundation and Financial Times are some of the leading names in the international media arena with operations in Twofour54 Abu Dhabi.
- The hub for integrated trade, logistics and industrial operations. Located in the Al Taweela area between Abu Dhabi and Dubai, KIZAD is intrinsically linked to Khalifa Port – one of the world’s most advanced deep-sea ports.
KIZAD supports all kinds of business activities, including manufacturing, logistics, trade and distribution. Companies operating in this free zone benefit from its customized business facilities, geographical location and low operating cost.
- An industrial economic zone that provides support and infrastructure for business activities related to oil and gas, engineering, construction materials and more.
It is managed by Zones Corp, the largest operator of purpose-built industrial zones in the UAE and oversees the Al Ain Industrial City.
- There are four Abu Dhabi ports that are under an hour’s drive from the Zones Corp. Mussafah Port, Zayed Port, Khalifa Port, and Jebel Ali Port are among them. Two world-class international airports in Abu Dhabi and two more in Dubai are also accessible from the zones. Chemicals, food and beverage, oil and gas, leather and textile products, construction materials, engineering and metals, assembly of products, wood and paper products and fiberglass and plastic products are developed at Zones Corp.
- Sharjah Publishing City Free Zone, a subsidiary of Sharjah Book Authority, is the smarter, simpler and faster choice for entrepreneurs and investors looking to set up their business in the UAE. We offer convenience and flexibility with over 1,500 business activities and various types of modern facilities to operate from – making us an ideal business setup platform.
- Registering and setting up a business is exceptionally quick, taking less than an hour at the Hamriyah Free Zone Authority (HFZA). As the UAE’s second largest industrial free zone, HFZA is home to more than 6,500 businesses from 163 countries. Due to its central coastal location, it offers air, sea and land access to both domestic and regional markets.
- Sharjah Media City (Shams) was launched in February 2017 to act as a catalyst for creative and media businesses to grow and thrive. The zone is a world-class media hub for innovative facilities and services.
- The Sharjah Airport Free Zone (SAIF) offers pre-built warehouses for small and medium-sized businesses, while also offering substantial space for larger multinationals to build their own if they wish to do so. The Free Zone has on-site customs for rapid clearance of goods; more than 8000 companies from 160 countries; and has exceptional market access as it is connected to Sharjah International Airport.
- Established in 2016, the Sharjah Research Technology and Innovation Park is a world-class innovation ecosystem that promotes Research and Development and supports collaboration between industry, government and academia. SRTIP was launched to complement University City and has been very successful in attracting leading innovation-focused SMEs, multinationals, and startups in piloting, commercializing, and adopting R&D.
- Sharjah Healthcare City (SHCC) is a dedicated healthcare and wellness city home to dozens of hospitals and clinics. Sharjah Healthcare City welcomes Research & Development (R&D) centers, laboratories, hospitals and rehabilitation centers. Located close to Sharjah International Airport, the Free Zone offers investors plots of land for construction of hospitals, clinics and offices and other healthcare buildings are available for long-term leases.
- Ajman Media City Free Zone was established to boost competitiveness among local and regional businesses, with an inspiring and professional business environment. It accommodates entrepreneurs and SMEs specializing in the media sector through a wide variety of licensing packages. Shared workspaces, easy registrations, flexible processes and professional guidance at every step of company formation are major benefits for investors. The free zone also offers the popular Social Media Influencer license which is mandatory for all product/brand promoters and influencers operating in the UAE
- Ajman Free Zone is distinguished by its strategic location near Ajman Airport, which boosts the efficiency of companies’ performance as it facilitates the process of supplying products as well as receiving and exporting shipments. It provides government and banking services for businesses under one roof and offers smart platforms for establishing businesses digitally. Offering promising opportunities, it also provides easy requirements for establishing companies, in addition to customized packages that have been designed to meet the needs of independent entrepreneurs and businessmen. Ajman Free Zone offers different types of executive offices, flexible workplaces, environment-friendly warehouses, and labor accommodation. It is home to a large number of health, food and beverage companies that meet the requirements of industrial business. Other benefits include low operational costs, skilled workforce, and providing licenses for e-commerce companies.
- Umm Al-Quwain Free Zone provides a professional investment environment for SMEs and large companies, offering various set-up packages that are easy and flexible. The free zone focuses on meeting the needs of each investor with effective leasing options, various office space configurations for work and storage, competitive rates, and the issuance of several types of licenses. It is strategically located near the UAE's main seaports and can be easily accessed from Dubai International Airport and Sharjah International Airport.
- Ras Al Khaimah Economic Zones (RAKEZ) is a powerhouse business hub for free zone and non-free zone companies. It offers a wide range of cost-effective solutions, services and customizable facilities for entrepreneurs from SMEs to industrial players across all sectors, making it one of the largest economic zones in the region.
- Ras Al Khaimah Maritime City covers an area of 800 hectares (8 million square meters), and it is a specialized complex that covers all that is needed for the maritime services sector, as it includes its own port, a water area of 820,000 square meters, and berths for loading and unloading. Ship service. The Maritime City also includes berths for boats, boats and private yachts with a water depth of 9 meters at the port entrance.
- Fujairah Free Zone takes advantage of its strategic location in the only emirate overlooking the east coast of the UAE. Located near the Fujairah port, it facilitates importing from and supplying goods across the Indian Ocean. Benefits for investors include high-end offices, virtual and flexible spaces, and warehouses, in addition to effective operational costs. The free zone also provides quick and flexible procedures for establishing companies and facilitates exports of products to markets in more than 50 countries in Asia, Europe and the Arab region.
- Founded in Fujairah in 2007, Creative City offers cost-effective business solutions for a large number of creative activities. The successful media center provides a professional working environment for investors specializing in consulting, education, communications, marketing, music, entertainment, design, and technology. The free zone’s unique infrastructure and facilities, as well as its customized business packages, enable companies gain a competitive edge, both locally and globally.
Mainland company is an onshore company registered with each emirate of UAE. Establishing a company in Dubai Mainland, enables you to work within UAE as well as internationally.
Ø Onshore company that is registered under the government authority of concerned Emirate.
Ø 100% foreign ownership (in some business license UAE national is required as agent only)
Ø Office space either actual or virtual is required to start the company to operate bank account.
Ø Can do the business inside and outside of UAE. can deal with government projects and authorities. wide scope for mainland companies.
Ø Auditing is not mandatory on mainland companies
Ø Mainland Companies can get employment visa based on requirement of business without the limitation of the space.
Ø No Minimum capital requirement except few business activities.
An offshore company is generally formed with an intention of operating outside of its registered jurisdiction and the location of its ultimate ownership. You can setup your offshore company in three leading jurisdictions including; RAK, JAFZA or AJMAN.
- Company registered in UAE and operating outside of UAE. company formed to act as holding company to do investments.
- Expat can hold complete 100% shares of the company.
- No office space required in UAE.
- Free to do business outside of the Emirates.
- Audit is not mandatory.
- Residence visa is not granted in offshore companies.
- No minimum capital requirement.
- Ras Al Khaimah (RAK) and Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA), Ajman Free Zone ( AFZA) offer offshore formation
- It is difficult to open a bank account