Designed as a hi-tech ecosystem in Dubai, DSO offers a wide range of benefits, state-of-the-art infrastructure and in-house business services. It is considered to be the only technology park in the region that provides both a living and working integrated community. The DFSA’s regulatory mandate includes asset management, banking and credit services, securities, collective investment funds, custody and trust services, commodities futures trading, Islamic finance, insurance, an international equities exchange, and an international commodities derivatives exchange. In addition to regulating financial and ancillary services, the DFSA is responsible for supervising and enforcing anti-money laundering (AML) and counter-terrorist financing (CTF) requirements applicable in the DIFC.
Designed as a hi-tech ecosystem in Dubai, DSO offers a wide range of benefits, state-of-the-art infrastructure and in-house business services. It is considered to be the only technology park in the region that provides both a living and working integrated community.
The DFSA’s regulatory mandate includes asset management, banking and credit services, securities, collective investment funds, custody and trust services, commodities futures trading, Islamic finance, insurance, an international equities exchange, and an international commodities derivatives exchange. In addition to regulating financial and ancillary services, the DFSA is responsible for supervising and enforcing anti-money laundering (AML) and counter-terrorist financing (CTF) requirements applicable in the DIFC.
- It is a rapidly developing global center for clean technology and renewable energy that relies entirely on renewables. A flagship project of Abu Dhabi Future Energy Company, Masdar City, offers clean energy start-ups a dedicated space to pilot, demonstrate, refine, develop and commercialize their technologies and provides them all the benefits of free zones.
- ADAFZ mainly targets aviation, aerospace, airport services, logistics, cargo and freight sectors. Some of the facilities and infrastructure ADAFZ provides include commercial offices, plots of land for development, warehousing units and logistics services.
- It is the ideal free zone for companies in the financial sector, especially private banking, wealth management and asset management.
ADGM comprises three independent authorities: the Registration Authority, the Financial Services Regulatory Authority and ADGM Courts. Each of these authorities enables registered financial institutions, companies and entities to thrive and operate within an international regulatory framework based on Common Law.
- Twofour54 is a media free zone in Abu Dhabi that provides world-class infrastructure and fully integrated support services for creative businesses. It was set up by the Media Zone Authority (MZA) to position Abu Dhabi as a leading player in the Arabic media content creation industry. Popular media houses, including BBC, CNN, Thomson Reuters Foundation and Financial Times are some of the leading names in the international media arena with operations in Twofour54 Abu Dhabi.
- The hub for integrated trade, logistics and industrial operations. Located in the Al Taweela area between Abu Dhabi and Dubai, KIZAD is intrinsically linked to Khalifa Port – one of the world’s most advanced deep-sea ports.
KIZAD supports all kinds of business activities, including manufacturing, logistics, trade and distribution. Companies operating in this free zone benefit from its customized business facilities, geographical location and low operating cost.
- An industrial economic zone that provides support and infrastructure for business activities related to oil and gas, engineering, construction materials and more.
It is managed by Zones Corp, the largest operator of purpose-built industrial zones in the UAE and oversees the Al Ain Industrial City.
- There are four Abu Dhabi ports that are under an hour’s drive from the Zones Corp. Mussafah Port, Zayed Port, Khalifa Port, and Jebel Ali Port are among them. Two world-class international airports in Abu Dhabi and two more in Dubai are also accessible from the zones. Chemicals, food and beverage, oil and gas, leather and textile products, construction materials, engineering and metals, assembly of products, wood and paper products and fiberglass and plastic products are developed at Zones Corp.
- Sharjah Publishing City Free Zone, a subsidiary of Sharjah Book Authority, is the smarter, simpler and faster choice for entrepreneurs and investors looking to set up their business in the UAE. We offer convenience and flexibility with over 1,500 business activities and various types of modern facilities to operate from – making us an ideal business setup platform.
- Registering and setting up a business is exceptionally quick, taking less than an hour at the Hamriyah Free Zone Authority (HFZA). As the UAE’s second largest industrial free zone, HFZA is home to more than 6,500 businesses from 163 countries. Due to its central coastal location, it offers air, sea and land access to both domestic and regional markets.
- Sharjah Media City (Shams) was launched in February 2017 to act as a catalyst for creative and media businesses to grow and thrive. The zone is a world-class media hub for innovative facilities and services.
- The Sharjah Airport Free Zone (SAIF) offers pre-built warehouses for small and medium-sized businesses, while also offering substantial space for larger multinationals to build their own if they wish to do so. The Free Zone has on-site customs for rapid clearance of goods; more than 8000 companies from 160 countries; and has exceptional market access as it is connected to Sharjah International Airport.
- Established in 2016, the Sharjah Research Technology and Innovation Park is a world-class innovation ecosystem that promotes Research and Development and supports collaboration between industry, government and academia. SRTIP was launched to complement University City and has been very successful in attracting leading innovation-focused SMEs, multinationals, and startups in piloting, commercializing, and adopting R&D.
- Sharjah Healthcare City (SHCC) is a dedicated healthcare and wellness city home to dozens of hospitals and clinics. Sharjah Healthcare City welcomes Research & Development (R&D) centers, laboratories, hospitals and rehabilitation centers. Located close to Sharjah International Airport, the Free Zone offers investors plots of land for construction of hospitals, clinics and offices and other healthcare buildings are available for long-term leases.
- Ajman Media City Free Zone was established to boost competitiveness among local and regional businesses, with an inspiring and professional business environment. It accommodates entrepreneurs and SMEs specializing in the media sector through a wide variety of licensing packages. Shared workspaces, easy registrations, flexible processes and professional guidance at every step of company formation are major benefits for investors. The free zone also offers the popular Social Media Influencer license which is mandatory for all product/brand promoters and influencers operating in the UAE
- Ajman Free Zone is distinguished by its strategic location near Ajman Airport, which boosts the efficiency of companies’ performance as it facilitates the process of supplying products as well as receiving and exporting shipments. It provides government and banking services for businesses under one roof and offers smart platforms for establishing businesses digitally. Offering promising opportunities, it also provides easy requirements for establishing companies, in addition to customized packages that have been designed to meet the needs of independent entrepreneurs and businessmen. Ajman Free Zone offers different types of executive offices, flexible workplaces, environment-friendly warehouses, and labor accommodation. It is home to a large number of health, food and beverage companies that meet the requirements of industrial business. Other benefits include low operational costs, skilled workforce, and providing licenses for e-commerce companies.
- Umm Al-Quwain Free Zone provides a professional investment environment for SMEs and large companies, offering various set-up packages that are easy and flexible. The free zone focuses on meeting the needs of each investor with effective leasing options, various office space configurations for work and storage, competitive rates, and the issuance of several types of licenses. It is strategically located near the UAE's main seaports and can be easily accessed from Dubai International Airport and Sharjah International Airport.
- Ras Al Khaimah Economic Zones (RAKEZ) is a powerhouse business hub for free zone and non-free zone companies. It offers a wide range of cost-effective solutions, services and customizable facilities for entrepreneurs from SMEs to industrial players across all sectors, making it one of the largest economic zones in the region.
- Ras Al Khaimah Maritime City covers an area of 800 hectares (8 million square meters), and it is a specialized complex that covers all that is needed for the maritime services sector, as it includes its own port, a water area of 820,000 square meters, and berths for loading and unloading. Ship service. The Maritime City also includes berths for boats, boats and private yachts with a water depth of 9 meters at the port entrance.
- Fujairah Free Zone takes advantage of its strategic location in the only emirate overlooking the east coast of the UAE. Located near the Fujairah port, it facilitates importing from and supplying goods across the Indian Ocean. Benefits for investors include high-end offices, virtual and flexible spaces, and warehouses, in addition to effective operational costs. The free zone also provides quick and flexible procedures for establishing companies and facilitates exports of products to markets in more than 50 countries in Asia, Europe and the Arab region.
- Founded in Fujairah in 2007, Creative City offers cost-effective business solutions for a large number of creative activities. The successful media center provides a professional working environment for investors specializing in consulting, education, communications, marketing, music, entertainment, design, and technology. The free zone’s unique infrastructure and facilities, as well as its customized business packages, enable companies gain a competitive edge, both locally and globally.
What Is A Free Zone Company?
Free zones, or free trade zones, are special areas in Dubai that provide tax and customs advantages to foreign investors. Free zones were established with the aim of attracting foreign investments and promoting industrial growth. They are separate entities that are not governed by the UAE labour law. The companies located in the free zones have their own rules and regulations and do not need a local sponsor to establish the company and can be 100% owned by non-Emirati or GCC countries citizens.
Advantages of establishing a free zone company in Dubai:
- A free zone company license in Dubai gives you 100% ownership of your company in other words complete control over your business
- A free zone company license in Dubai allows you 100% repatriation of capital and profits abroad
- Exemption from import and export duties
- There is no tax levied on corporate profits or personal income in most cases
- No restrictions imposed on the use of currency
- Low cost and attractive working environment
- Pre-built offices, factories and warehouses
- Quick and inexpensive setup and licensing procedures
- Single window for customs clearance
- Energy is available at low costs
Investors can choose from many free zones in Dubai, each of which offers a set of advantages that make it a unique investment opportunity. The variations in the benefits and terms granted by each of these free zones make a difference for the company according to its activity and the nature of its trade and transactions. It is useful for the investor to obtain expert advice to know the zone that best suits their business activity before starting to establish their company. Our expert team at FIXIT can provide the necessary assistance and useful advice at the planning stage of forming a company, in addition to completing the registration steps.
Free zones in Dubai are:
- Dubai Internet City (DIC)
- Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSOA)
- Dubai World Central (DWC)
- Dubai Airport Free Zone (DAFZA)
- Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC)
- Dubai World Trade Center (DWTC)
- Dubai Knowledge Village (DKP)
- Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC)
- Dubai Multi Commodities Center (DMCC)
Dubai Internet City (DIC)
It is an information technology Freezone established by the Government of Dubai in 1999 on the orders of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, as it is one of the largest information and communication technology hubs in the Middle East and is considered a free economic zone and a strategic base for companies as it hosts the Majid bin Mohammed Center for Creativity to promote entrepreneurship and technical innovation to accelerate the development of new start-up companies.
Benefits of Setting Up a DIC Company
- DIC provides a dynamic and creative environment
- It is one of the major centers for global technology companies. Such as Facebook, HP and Intel
- Dubai Internet City provides telecommunications services to the majority of economic sectors in Dubai,
- including transportation, retail, hospitality, construction, industry and mining
- DIC provides growth opportunities for business partners by sponsoring various economic and commercial activities, collaborating with business partners through sponsoring great thinkers in the community.
- All laws in the Emirate of Dubai apply to Dubai Internet City except for licensing laws. There is no local partner requirement for forming a company in DIC as it is a free zone and is not subject to customs laws imposed on the borders of the United Arab Emirates
Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSOA)
Dubai Silicon Oasis was established in 2005 with the aim of enhancing and promoting industries based on modern technology. Dubai Silicon Oasis hosts the Dubai Digital Park and the Dubai Technology Entrepreneurship Center, which is the largest center for entrepreneurship in the Middle East. Dubai Silicon Oasis is home to more than 850 startups and 2,500 entrepreneurs from 72 countries.
Benefits of Setting Up a DSOA Company
- Strategic location in Dubai
- 100% ownership
- No personal income tax
- Duty-free import and export
- Low operating cost
- Strict intellectual property law
- Advanced industrial, residential and commercial facilities
- Well-known for world-class innovation, design and development in photovoltaic cells, nanotechnology, electronics and other supporting industries
Dubai World Central (DWC)
The free zone in Dubai World Central – Dubai South is part of the Al Maktoum Airport in Dubai, the new airport. The free zone in Dubai World Central (Business Park), despite its recent establishment, is witnessing a large turnout from investors due to the privileges and facilities it offers. DWC offers Attractive and encouraging investment advantages in terms of licensing procedures, renting premises and actual commercial activities.
DWC offers a wide range of business activities under 5 broad types of licenses:
Having a company license in DWC gives investors many advantages, such as:
Possibility of having up to 3 businesses of the same category in one license
- Eligibility to sell products in the UAE market through a local agent.
- Easy connectivity to Abu Dhabi & Dubai accessibility
- Al Maktoum International Airport proximity
- On-site licensing & visa authority
- Flexible leasing terms
- Warehouse facilities
- Ready to move-in offices
Dubai Airport Free Zone (DAFZA)
The Dubai Airport Free Zone (DAFZA), established in 1996, is one of the fastest-growing free zones in the UAE. About 1,800 companies are registered and operating in the Dubai Airport Free Zone (DAFZA). Most of these companies are branches of foreign companies or owned by international investors.
What does DAFZA offer to investors?
- World-class infrastructure
- Strategic location in the heart of Dubai and near one of the most vibrant airports in the world
- Incentives for investors
- No currency restrictions
Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC)
The Dubai Healthcare City Free Zone was established in 2002 to quickly become one of the fastest-growing free zones in the country. DHCC establishment was a decision of the Government of Dubai that aims to set up the largest free zone for health care and welfare in the world where the Mohammed Bin Rashid University of Medicine and Health Sciences one of the most famous institutions, operates.
- Dubai Healthcare Authority is the supervising and regulating body for DHCC free zone
- The Dubai Healthcare Authority is responsible for regulating and granting licenses to practise the profession to healthcare service providers and its professionals
- The Dubai Healthcare Authority is responsible for controlling the quality of services provided in accordance with the best international practices
- Its quality standards are accredited by the International Society for Quality in Health Care (ESCWA).
- Dubai Healthcare City includes nearly 160 accredited healthcare facilities of hospitals, clinics, medical centres and diagnostic laboratories
Dubai World Trade Center (DWTC)
The Dubai World Trade Center is a major hub for events and business activities in the UAE. The Dubai World Trade Center is located near Sheikh Zayed Road in the central commercial and financial district. It is a vibrant area that hosts a combination of commercial projects, residential properties, commercial spaces and administrative centres. Some of the notable landmarks in The Dubai World Trade Center include the Trade Center Tower, Novotel and Ibis hotels, Dubai International Convention and the Exhibition Centre.
The Dubai World Trade Center Authority Free Zone provides an incentive for companies with a number of advantages including:
- Prime location
- Strong legislative framework
- A diverse portfolio of properties?
- A unique environment for companies to compete more effectively at the regional and global levels.?
- Dubai World Trade Center “DWTC” offers integrated and seamless assistance for potential members by an expert team
- The Dubai World Trade Center Authority Free Zone provides an opportunity for companies to set up permanent representative offices within the new free zones?
Dubai Knowledge Village (DKP)
It is a destination for human resource development and distinguished education. The campus of Dubai Knowledge Village extends over an area of ??one square kilometre that includes vocational training centres and educational support centres for various scientific disciplines.
This thriving knowledge society was established as part of a long-term strategic plan aimed at establishing and developing a centre to attract talent in the region, to contribute to accelerating the region’s steps towards achieving a knowledge-based economy.
- The world’s only free zone dedicated to human resource management and educational excellence
- The Dubai Knowledge Group (DKP) aims to develop the talent pool in the region and establish the UAE as a knowledge-based economy.
- Students at DKP receive certificates from the highest level of DKP’s first-class business partners
- Dubai Knowledge Park provides flexible solutions with the support of an innovative customer service team
Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC)
Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC) was established in 2004 as the financial centre for the Middle East, Africa and South Asia markets. The DIFC enjoys a global regulatory and financial exchange system, a tax-friendly system and a large business community. The region is home to hundreds of financial institutions, including wealth funds and private investors. It also hosts multinational corporations, retail outlets, cafes and restaurants, residential spaces, public green spaces, hotels and art galleries.
Advantages of having a company license in DIFC
The centre has the largest financial ecosystem in the region and more than 2,000 active registered companies
DIFC features a variety of retail venues, world-famous restaurants, vibrant art and cultural scenes, residential apartments, hotels and public spaces
DIFC is a channel between the rapidly growing markets in the region to the economies of Asia, Europe and the Americas via Dubai
Dubai Multi Commodities Center (DMCC)
Located in the heart of Dubai, in the middle of the JLT district, DIFC is the world’s first free zone and global commodity trading centre. DIFC presents people with the assets to live, work and thrive. DMCC offers you all you need to establish, grow and build your business. Crowned as “World’s Free Zone of the Year” by FDI magazine for the seventh year in a row, DIFC is home to a vibrant community, innovative infrastructure, world-class services and amazing real estate options.
Benefits that make DIFC a great opportunity for investment and living:
- Free zone for business and state-of-the-art commercial and residential real estate, goods and services, financial and residential
- Today, DMCC is the global hub for more than 15,000 companies operating in a wide range of industries and sectors ranging from agriculture, energy and financial services to diamonds, gold and base metals.
- Your membership in DMCC gives you access to all unparalleled trading benefits that are directly connected to the major commodity markets of Dubai, the UAE and the world.
- Variety of permitted business activities
- Flexible office solutions including serviced offices, flexi desks, and shared offices