Navigating Residence Visa Application (Employment Visa)
To work in Dubai, one requires a residence visa along with a work permit. These essential documents allow foreign nationals to live and work in the UAE.
Dubai’s visa procedure places the onus on employers to secure visas and permits for their foreign workforce. Furthermore, employers are responsible for covering the visa fees.
Steps for Residence Visa Application
- Employer Approval: Begin by obtaining Ministry of Labor approval to hire a foreign employee.
- Entry Permit: The Ministry issues an entry permit visa. The employee enters the UAE, initially staying for 30 days.
- Arrival in Dubai: The employee travels to Dubai within this period. They then have 60 days to obtain a residence visa.
- Work Permit: The employer applies for a work permit (labor card) upon the employee’s arrival.
- Emirates ID: The employee visits an Emirates ID center, obtaining their ID card using their passport and entry visa.
- Medical Examination: A government hospital conducts a medical examination.
- Residence Visa Application: Using either immigration authorities or our streamlined visa application services, the employee applies for a residence visa.
- Processing: Once documents are submitted, we handle the application and processing of the residence visa.
Our goal is to simplify the visa process for seamless processing, ensuring a hassle-free experience for business owners.
Dubai’s residence visa enables individuals to work and establish permanent employment in the UAE. Upon visa issuance, the resident acquires a work permit, residence visa, and an Emirates ID, which serves as their official identification.
To maintain a permanent residence visa’s validity, UAE residents must enter the country at least once every six months. Failure to do so leads to automatic cancellation of employment after six months of absence.
FIXIT Government Services manages the entire residency application process, easing your concerns from document receipt to delivery. With years of experience, we efficiently handle various visa services in Dubai, saving your time and costs while ensuring smooth proceedings.
Required Documents for Residence Visa Application
- Copy of passport’s first and last page.
- Two colored photos (4.3 cm x 5.5 cm).
- Attested education certificate.
- Marriage certificate (if applicable).
- Residence Visa Validity and Renewal
Dubai’s residence visa validity ranges from 1-3 years, subject to type and sponsorship. Extensions depend on meeting criteria.
Recent amendments introduce 5 or 10-year validity for certain visa types. To maintain residency validity, residents must enter the UAE every six months.
Renewal is straightforward through our services. Provide necessary documents, and we manage the entire renewal process at FIXIT Government Services.
Residence Visa Cancellation
Employers usually cancel Dubai residence visas. If self-cancellation is desired, our assistance streamlines the process. Provide necessary documents, and we handle the rest.
Documents Required for Cancellation
- Original sponsor/employee ID.
- Passport and visa copy.
- Business card cancellation.
- Copies of trade license and establishment card.